UDMC privacy statement policy
United Doctors Medical Center (UDMC) respects privacy of personal data. We are committed to handling with care your personal data that are under our control and protect your personal information from theft, loss or unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure or disposal.
It is your right to be informed how UDMC collects and uses your health information.
UDMC shall investigate and act upon on all complaints or violation against the Data Privacy Act of 2012. In case we are unable to address your concern, you have the right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission.
United Doctors Medical Center Data Privacy Officer
6 N. Ramirez St.
Don Manuel, Quezon City
United Doctors Medical Center respects your rights to privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. This is consistent with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its implementing Rules and Regulations and other relevant laws.
The Data Privacy Notice provides the manner we collect, process and dispose your personal data every time you visit our website and avail of our medical services (inpatient or out-patient).
With your consent, we collect the following personal data:
- Demographics: Full name, age, gender, date of birth, nationality, citizenship, religion, employment , home address, email address, mobile &/or home phone number
- Relevant contact information of your relatives, guardian, or next of kin
- Medical History (previous and current), including family history
- Medications or treatments (previous and current)
- Result of x-rays, scans, laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures
- Payment Guarantor (Health Maintenance Organization or name of any health service provider or specialist which will access your information during confinement)
- Other information as necessary
Our hospital is also equipped with CCTV cameras to help us ensure safety and security of the patients, the employees and the establishment.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- As basis for any surgical, medical, treatment or diagnostic services
- For research purposes. Your information may be used to generate data that would help the hospital enhance its services.
- To liaise with payment guarantors (HMO or companies with whom you are affiliated and consented to use and share your data) and to process payment your hospital bill
- Reporting requirement by governing bodies or applicable laws. Information about certain diseases and other conditions may be reported to the Department of Health or other agencies, as mandated and authorized by laws and regulations. Your health information may also be disclosed to the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) as required by law.
Under the DATA PRIVACY ACT of 2012, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of personal and health information that we hold about you, as well as to ask for it to be corrected if you think there is anything wrong.
- Object to, or withdraw consent that may have been given for, certain processing like direct marketing, trainings, or researches.
- Suspend, withdraw, or order blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from our filing system if you have substantial proof that your rights are violated, or that your data are incomplete, false, or unlawfully obtained; or processed for unauthorized or unlawful purpose.
- Be indemnified for damages you may have sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, false or unauthorized use of your personal data
- Transmissibility of your Rights. Upon death or incapacity, your rights may be transferred to your lawful heirs.
Website Log Data, “Cookies” and how we use them
By visiting our official website, we will monitor your activities through “Cookies”. Cookies are packets of information that any website transfers to a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. These are used to keep track of users’ preferences for content and alert them to new content areas. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies if you do not want them tracking your preferences. However, many sites will not function well if you disable them.
These cookies do not contain your identifiable personal data. It is simply used as a tracking method for aggregate information for the number of website visitors, IP Addresses, Website Referrals, Most Searched keywords and Top Visited webpages.
By downloading images found in the website, you are voluntarily giving to us your E-mail address. This data is stored in our database for security monitoring and not for marketing and non-medical purposes.
Website Data Security
The hospital’s official website is a highly secured website. We ensure that all users visiting this site will have their confidential data protected from phishers and unauthorized personnel.
Links to other websites
The United Doctors Medical Center Official website contains links or external links that are/may be related to the Organization, Doctors, Health Education, News and Hospital Events/Activities. These websites have their own Privacy Policies and are not connected with that of UDMC.
Data Privacy Notice for Online Job Applicants
The following explains how we collect, use, share and store your personal information when you visit UDMC’s Career page.
Collection and Use
We collect personal information that is material and relevant to your job application. In the course of your application with us, we may also disclose and make your personal information available to authorized individuals who evaluate and assess your job application.
Storage, Protection and Retention
To protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information, we have set up adequate technical security, administrative and physical measures against unauthorized access to your data.
If your application is successful, we will collect, use and retain your personal information to proceed with the recruitment process until your employment.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your information for six (6) months, after which your records will be disposed. If there are vacancies in the future, we will get your consent to re-process your application.